Today, how much time and effort does your sales team put into generating a response after a quote arrives?
Electronics professionals along the components supply chain receive thousands of requests for quotes (RFQs) to open, review, sort, and process by hand. Distributors and component manufacturers understand all too well the hassles associated with inbound quotes. Why would customers wait weeks for responses from their suppliers if there was a better way?
If a customer has to obtain pricing and availability data (in your system of record or from your suppliers), apply customer-specific and volume discounts, format the information, and send the quote to the potential buyer, that translates to hours of work. And with so many manual steps, you’re not valuing the customer’s time and are at risk of making mistakes.
Advance automates RFQ intake and processing, increasing quote responsiveness by up to 1000% over current, manual processes.
Why apply Orbweaver RFQ Intake?
- Maximizes RFQ processing efficiency, enabling your team to respond to opportunities faster and secure more business.
- Sales bandwidth is significantly increased, thanks to automated pricing and availability data importation.
- Salespeople gain the ability to focus their efforts on particularly noteworthy pieces of the quote (such as high-value parts) and critical value-add activities like maintaining relationships and expanding their networks.
- Utilizes alerts to identify promotionally aligned opportunities, high value RFQs, duplicate quotes, and exception approval workflows.
- Minimize manual processes and data entry, reducing the potential for errors.
- Gain full revision control and audit trails that track the history and evolution of all quotes.
- Leverage clear user-aligned activity queues and aggregate team-based dashboard reporting of key performance metrics.
RFQ direct to Excel
With Orbweaver Inform, you can automatically capture pricing and availability data imported into Excel, apply custom markup and margin calculations, and view formatted quotes easily. Instead of manually updating your RFQ in Excel over many hours, do so in minutes. Give your salespeople the gift of time to perform value-add, high-skill responsibilities.
Web-Enabled RFQ Automation
With Orbweaver Advance, all of the same automation is provided, but now workflows are shared across team members through a web based environment. RFQ data is persisted in the system for use in future exercises and audit-ability. Advanced workflows such as Price Approval and RFQ Alerts are available, as well as rich features such as Duplicate Quote Detection.
Platform Solution Sheet
Simplify your RFQ process in three easy steps and save thousands of wasted hours and dollars.
Case Study: KEMET
Orbweaver saved KEMET thousands of hours previously spent manually processing millions of lines of RFQ part requests.